Saturday, April 28, 2007

Welcome to Oz

So I'm finally here! Sydney! Sweet!

I arrived on Wednesday, six a.m., on ANZAC day (the day the Aussies celebrate all those countrymen which participated in any war - it's a day off here), and was despite the early time picked up by my boss. After a couple of hours of sleep I headed downtown and had lunch in the harbour together with my boss, his wife and two Swedish colleagues of ours.

The restaurant is in the old harbour - a district called the Rocks - which used to be a rough district when it all began. It's much more cosy now. The fact that I enjoyed some fresh fish looking at the Opera house might have had some influence. The wine helps too.

My first impression ofSydney is that it is much greener than I thought - and there is a lot of bushland still in the city. I had no idea it is this beautiful! And the view from my window? The Harbour Bridge, North Harbour and the Opera house. That is the first thing I see each morning!

Well, time to head downtown! Cheers!

No comments: